Whitsun Red, Gemeindezentrum St. Wolfgang, Regensburg, 1998
From 1938 until 1940 Domenicus Böhm acted as master-builder of St. Wolfgang in Regensburg, one of the very last new build cathedrals of the Third Reich period. Finally, in 1998 the adjoining community center was designed by one of his grandsons, Peter Böhm. For it´s large and and light assembly hall (with stage and gallery) Andreas Kopp developed a plain but impressionable colour scheme, meaningfully enriching the spacious plafond. Like a flame it ascends from the natural wooden tint over to a multi-pigmented red-golden layer into a dark graphite grey and thus emphazising the spoken words from stage and pulpit with a whitsun power.